Thursday, May 31, 2012

Watch the world burn

So Shawn says I'm a nice person.  Of course, under the boyfriend code, it's what he must say.  But fine, let's be serious.  I believe he means it when he said it to me; but I couldn't help but wonder, what exactly defines kindness.  Surely the people I have been mean to in the past won't think I'm that great.  Granted, I know I've changed over the years, "matured", if I may even honour myself with that word.  I love making people smile, and making people laugh.  I love being kind to people as it makes me feel like I am standing on a fluffy cloud.  It's a good feeling that nothing in the world can really top.  Even after all the unpleasant arguments I've had with Shawn in the past, after my occasional rage cries, he is still able to look at me in the eyes and say I'm kind.  I honestly cannot be more thankful for that.  In my opinion, that's what nice is.  The ability to overlook and ignore the uglies of a person and let their mistakes go and simply love them for how they are.  I know I have issues with letting things go.  But I'll be good, I have promised myself that.  


I feel my parents though... see me as someone who is quite the opposite of the girl Shawn describes me to be.  Ah, the folks, they always make a good tale.  Though it's a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment